As a follow-up to my last post, I just wanted to add some specific examples and details about having the right perspective on healthcare.
You probably know that regular doctors love to run thousands of dollars worth of tests on sick people. The usual result is that they still don’t know what’s wrong, or at best, they can only tell you what you don’t have (you don’t have malaria, or hepatitis, or whatever).
In those rare cases where they discover “the problem” of someone’s symptoms – such as high cholesterol, improper hormone levels, brain chemical imbalance, etc. – they still haven’t told you what the root cause is. If your hormone levels are off, you need to find what caused them to be that way. Just adding more hormones to your body may “fix” your test results, but it won’t actually heal the root problem.
And most often once doctors find a “name” for your problem, they either prescribe a drug (or several drugs), or they recommend surgery. It usually doesn’t even occur to them that there are things you can do to actually help your body heal, once you find the true root cause of the problem.
I’ve discovered a few basic things that I believe are the root causes of almost all health problems.
1) poor nutrition – anyone who eats a ‘typical’ American diet for even a few years, will end up with a body starving for nutrients and experience all kinds of health problems as a result.
2) toxic overload – our country is riddled with toxic chemicals like never before. They are everywhere! The body can only handle so much toxic exposure before it begins to break down in several areas.
3) bugs – mainly things like parasites, entrenched viral or bacterial infections, overgrowth of candida, etc.
And STRESS is also a big factor in our overall health. Though I think it is mainly in combination with these other things that it causes problems.
So, before you face spending hundreds of dollars on more tests, having surgery, or filling your body full of toxic drugs, why not explore the things you can be doing right now to help your body heal and repair itself.
1) Eat organic foods, lots of veggies and fruits, no sugar or processed foods. – You might not see a huge change with this overnight, but it will make a difference in your body.
(Here’s my post about some diet recomendations – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-diet.html)
2) Get a lymphatic massage at least twice a month. – I know I’ve mentioned this many times before. There’s just no way for me to overstate how important this is in facilitating your body’s ability to detox! If you don’t do the massage, then whatever else you do to help detox will probably not be effective or at least not as effective. God created the lymphatic system to drain the toxins from your body. If it’s “choked” then you will have serious repercussions.
(Here’s my post about lymphatic massage – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/lymphatic-massage.html
For more ideas about detoxing, here’s my post on that – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2010/02/detoxing-101.html)
3) Do a parasite treatment. – The CDC estimates that 80% of Americans have parasites. However, most doctors never think of this, and if they do, they only test for about 10% of the possible parasites. And, most of the regular drug treatments only kill the adult parasites, not the eggs. Thus they are completely ineffective.
If you’re interested I can tell you how to do a natural parasite treatment (from the dr I saw in Idaho). Just send me an email.
Or you can try an herbal treatment. I’ve heard that Dr. Val Saxion has a good one, though I haven’t used it myself. Here’s her website – http://www.valeriesaxion.com/
4) Start with essential supplements – Most people are magnesium deficient and mineral deficient because of poor diets and depleted soil, etc. I’ts a fact that the body cannot produce trace minerals, magnesium, or vit. C. So these are three very important things you should supplement with (since it’s almost impossible to get high enough amounts of these from food).
Also, Probiotics are vital, as I mentioned in a previous post. And coconut oil is incredibly valuable in boosting the immune system and fighting those ‘bugs’ in the body.
(Probiotics post – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/support-bacteria.html
Coconut oil post – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2011/02/oil-change.html)
5) Find a natural health care provider. – I actually have 2 naturopaths, an herbalogist, my dr in Idaho, and a physical therapist that I’ve worked with over the last couple of years. All of them are Christians and have helped me tremendously in understanding how to work with my body toward the goal of good health.
(I’ve listed some suggestions in my post about resources – http://supereigirl.blogspot.com/2011/02/resources.html)
6) Take care of your mental/emotional/spiritual health. Things like stress, anxiety, anger, fear, etc. are all damaging to our bodies. Renewing our minds in God’s Word, prayer, and encouragement from others are always helpful and beneficial to all areas of our health. =)
These are things that anyone can do, things that will make a difference, things that can help your body to heal or just strengthen it so you can avoid so many of the health problems that are prevelant today.
If we want to be healthier than the average person today, then I believe we need to think differently and act differently. Let’s not be ‘conformed’ to the world’s ideas (Rom. 12:1-2) about health and the body. Let’s continue to seek the knowledge God gives – after all He created our bodies! – and do the things He has provided so that we can live in good health and be available for all God longs to do through us!