Hello, I’m so sorry this post is a few days late. There’s been really toxic air quality for the last week, causing me to have a lot of trouble breathing. I really appreciate your prayers.
Thankfully, I have the privilege of sharing a guest post from my mom. I hope her words of wisdom are encouraging and helpful. =)
From Jan Harris –
I lived with Super E.I. girl for years, and I’ve watched her overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles—by God’s grace. In this guest post, I want to encourage you with some things that you can ask God to do for you in the midst of challenges and trials.
1. Ask God to keep you aware that He will never leave you nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5b) This is God’s firm promise to all who believe in Him. No matter how rotten you may feel physically, God is still with you to comfort, encourage, and strengthen.
2. Ask God to make you a person who reaches out to help and comfort others. When you’re ill most of the time, it’s easy to forget that other people are facing difficulties too. Their difficulties may be different than yours, but they’re still real and hard and painful for that person.
3. Ask God to remind you that He is sovereign. In our family we often say, “This thing that happened didn’t take God by surprise.” When you go to church and are overwhelmed by perfume, when there’s something wrong with the food in the restaurant though it seems perfectly fine to the waiter, when you feel like all your organic food and supplements are costing far too much—go back to God. Ask Him again to show you His sovereignty – that He is still in control of everything.
4. Ask God to never let you forget that He is good. “So Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.’” (Mark 10:18) Pray that God will make you aware of His goodness in your life.
5. Ask God to strengthen you to claim His promises. The Bible is full of promises God has made to His children. One of my favorites is Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Here is a link to a site with more of God’s promises: www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/gods-promises-verses-in-the-bible/
6. Of course, ask God to heal you. I can’t remember how many times I asked God to heal my daughter. God welcomes our prayers for healing. I believe He always heals, but not always as we expect. Perhaps in one moment, He will touch you and restore your health. Or maybe He will heal you inch by inch through a number of years. Or maybe He will only heal you when you meet Him in heaven. But He will be faithful. God cannot be anything else. (1 Corinthians 1:9)
On your worst day, remember—God loves you, He wants you to give all your worries and cares to Him. (1 Peter 5:7) And He is working out His perfect plan for your life.
Leave a Reply